Monday, October 8, 2007

learning about blogs

it must be an age "thing" -- i just can't get into the regular blogging routine. of course, it helps that i barely have time to do everything else i need to do.

however, DH and I were discussing this and he helped me realize the trick is not to write a book for every post.

so here is a long-overdue post... catching up: exhibited at Knit & Crochet Show in Oakland last week - not happy about the financial end result at all. need to reconsider if i continue doing shows - definitely going to give up on non-local shows, that's for sure.

tried to design a sock for NR... turned out to be a major disaster. the original lace pattern was a pain to knit and difficult to size. my "homage to coriolis" turned out okay in principle, but the yarn was too dark in color and the design did not stand out and photographed poorly. Lesson learned by me and Saloni: before working a sample in a particular yarn, photgraph the yarn first and see how it turns out. for me - textured stitches need lighter yarns - only lace patts can have a chance with darker yarns.

have joined up at LibraryThing and Ravelry - time suckers, but lots of fun.

today is anniversary of Matthew's death... hard to believe it's been 20 years. how different life would have been for all of us if he had lived. BUT....

My DD Alex is my gift of life who has been the shining light in my life for 16+ years now. I am amazed that she will have her license soon - she's growing up so fast!