Thursday, August 16, 2007

I did it!!!!!

Ohmigosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've done it - I've started a blog. I resisted for a while - kept telling myself that i had no time. but i spend all my time emailing my thoughts to my friends and such - so i figured i may as well spend that time on the blog.

so, here i am.... people who know me will not be surprised with the orange template... I love orange and yellow and peach and purple and all warm colors.

all of a sudden, i am "speechless"... LOL... who woulda thunk that I could be speechless!!

however, to start, let me say that I am a fanatic knitter - focusing more on process rather than product, but that is changing gradually.

In addition, I am a fanatic new beta-member/tester of the new www.ravelry.com .... if you haven't seen it, you HAVE to go there and check it out, then sign up for an eventual "invitation" to join the group of beta users. It looks intimidating, but you will eventually get into the site/group/network (what DO you call it?)

It is absolutely amazing, and I admit that it is motivating me to finish many, many projects.

I am also the owner of Great Knit Designs (www.greatknitdesigns.com). I formed the company last year when I acquired the Knitware software product and business from its creator, Janet Tombu. Janet decided to retire after running the business for 15 years and i was one of a small group of customers to whom she issued the invitation to consider taking it over from her.

In case you don't know, Knitware is a very powerful and amazing pattern design program that allows you to create patterns for hand knitting, machine knitting, and crochet. I had been a customer for many years and really love the product -- I'll tell you more about it in my upcoming posts.

Well, it's getting a bit late and I have some work to do for the business and I also want to get some knitting in before i head to bed. I also have to watch the new episode of "Burn Notice" on A&E - a great program if you haven't seen it...exciting without violence, funny without being stupid (or sitcom), and intriguing but not stressful or overplayed plots.